Quantcast

Drools + Spring without internet

Anderson Neves
Hi all,

I realized that to use Drools with Spring I need to be conected to the internet, but sometimes I am not. There is a way to download the tags of Drools and configure the applicationContext.xml to seek for them localy?

Regards,
Anderson

Re: Drools + Spring without internet

salaboy
yes you can download the schemas to your hard drive and point the applicationContext.xml to them.

2010/12/1 Anderson Rocha <[hidden email]>
Hi all,

I realized that to use Drools with Spring I need to be conected to the internet, but sometimes I am not. There is a way to download the tags of Drools and configure the applicationContext.xml to seek for them localy?

Regards,
Anderson

 - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

Re: Drools + Spring without internet

Anderson Neves
Thank you for your replay.

I downloaded the schemas and configured the applicationContext.xml like this, consider "path to my" the path to the file.

       xmlns:drools="http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring"
       xmlns:camel="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
       xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
                           http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring file:///path/to/my/drools-spring-1.0.0.xsd
                           http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring file:///path/to/my/camel-spring.xsd">

I have a web application, and when I execute it works =) but I have some unit tests and I initialize the spring with the code

ApplicationContext applicationContext = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(new String[] {"applicationContext.xml"});

In this case I get the same error I had before. Any ideia?

Anderson

2010/12/1 Mauricio Salatino <[hidden email]>
yes you can download the schemas to your hard drive and point the applicationContext.xml to them.

2010/12/1 Anderson Rocha <[hidden email]>
Hi all,

I realized that to use Drools with Spring I need to be conected to the internet, but sometimes I am not. There is a way to download the tags of Drools and configure the applicationContext.xml to seek for them localy?

Regards,
Anderson

 - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

Re: Drools + Spring without internet

ge0ffrey
Administrator
IIRC, there's something in drools-spring we can do, so the xsd's don't
have to be downloaded from the internet but can be used directly from
the jar.
It might be a properties file or something in the jar, which says urlX =
pathYinTheJar.

Op 01-12-10 15:59, Anderson Rocha schreef:

> Thank you for your replay.
>
> I downloaded the schemas and configured the applicationContext.xml
> like this, consider "path to my" the path to the file.

>        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>        xmlns:drools="http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring"
>        xmlns:camel="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
>        xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
> http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
> *http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring
> file:///path/to/my/drools-spring-1.0.0.xsd*
> *http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring
> file:///path/to/my/camel-spring.xsd"*>
>
> I have a web application, and when I execute it works =) but I have
> some unit tests and I initialize the spring with the code
>
> ApplicationContext applicationContext = new
> ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(new String[] {"applicationContext.xml"});
>
> In this case I get the same error I had before. Any ideia?
>
> Anderson
>
> 2010/12/1 Mauricio Salatino <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     yes you can download the schemas to your hard drive and point the
>     applicationContext.xml to them.
>

>     2010/12/1 Anderson Rocha <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>         Hi all,
>
>         I realized that to use Drools with Spring I need to be
>         conected to the internet, but sometimes I am not. There is a
>         way to download the tags of Drools and configure the
>         applicationContext.xml to seek for them localy?
>
>         Regards,
>         Anderson

>     --
>      - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
>      - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.wordpress.com
>      - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar
>
>      - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: Drools + Spring without internet

Corneil du Plessis
change schema location to that is only contains filenames like

        xmlns:drools="http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring"
        xmlns:camel="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans spring-beans-2.5.xsd
http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring drools-spring-1.0.0.xsd
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring camel-spring.xsd">

Then put the xsd files in same folder as applicationContext.xml

On 01/12/2010 17:15, Geoffrey De Smet wrote:

> IIRC, there's something in drools-spring we can do, so the xsd's don't
> have to be downloaded from the internet but can be used directly from
> the jar.
> It might be a properties file or something in the jar, which says urlX =
> pathYinTheJar.
>
> Op 01-12-10 15:59, Anderson Rocha schreef:
>> Thank you for your replay.
>>
>> I downloaded the schemas and configured the applicationContext.xml
>> like this, consider "path to my" the path to the file.

>>         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>         xmlns:drools="http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring"
>>         xmlns:camel="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
>>         xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
>> http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
>> *http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring
>> file:///path/to/my/drools-spring-1.0.0.xsd*
>> *http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring
>> file:///path/to/my/camel-spring.xsd"*>
>>
>> I have a web application, and when I execute it works =) but I have
>> some unit tests and I initialize the spring with the code
>>
>> ApplicationContext applicationContext = new
>> ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(new String[] {"applicationContext.xml"});
>>
>> In this case I get the same error I had before. Any ideia?
>>
>> Anderson
>>
>> 2010/12/1 Mauricio Salatino<[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>
>>      yes you can download the schemas to your hard drive and point the
>>      applicationContext.xml to them.
>>

>>      2010/12/1 Anderson Rocha<[hidden email]
>>      <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>
>>          Hi all,
>>
>>          I realized that to use Drools with Spring I need to be
>>          conected to the internet, but sometimes I am not. There is a
>>          way to download the tags of Drools and configure the
>>          applicationContext.xml to seek for them localy?
>>
>>          Regards,
>>          Anderson

>>      --
>>       - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
>>       - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.wordpress.com
>>       - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar
>>
>>       - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

Re: Drools + Spring without internet

Jason Davidson
I had the same issue at startup (i.e. not connected to the internet).  Anyway, I used the XSD files are bundled in the drools-spring-5.1.1.jar.  I simply changed my application context schema location to "http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring.xsd" and the XSD files are loaded from the jar file at startup.

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Corneil du Plessis <[hidden email]> wrote:
change schema location to that is only contains filenames like
       xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans spring-beans-2.5.xsd
http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring drools-spring-1.0.0.xsd
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring camel-spring.xsd">

Then put the xsd files in same folder as applicationContext.xml

On 01/12/2010 17:15, Geoffrey De Smet wrote:
> IIRC, there's something in drools-spring we can do, so the xsd's don't
> have to be downloaded from the internet but can be used directly from
> the jar.
> It might be a properties file or something in the jar, which says urlX =
> pathYinTheJar.
>
> Op 01-12-10 15:59, Anderson Rocha schreef:
>> Thank you for your replay.
>>
>> I downloaded the schemas and configured the applicationContext.xml
>> like this, consider "path to my" the path to the file.

>>         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>         xmlns:drools="http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring"
>>         xmlns:camel="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
>>         xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
>> http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
>> *http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring
>> file:///path/to/my/drools-spring-1.0.0.xsd*
>> *http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring
>> file:///path/to/my/camel-spring.xsd"*>
>>
>> I have a web application, and when I execute it works =) but I have
>> some unit tests and I initialize the spring with the code
>>
>> ApplicationContext applicationContext = new
>> ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(new String[] {"applicationContext.xml"});
>>
>> In this case I get the same error I had before. Any ideia?
>>
>> Anderson
>>
>> 2010/12/1 Mauricio Salatino<[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>
>>      yes you can download the schemas to your hard drive and point the
>>      applicationContext.xml to them.
>>

>>      2010/12/1 Anderson Rocha<[hidden email]
>>      <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>
>>          Hi all,
>>
>>          I realized that to use Drools with Spring I need to be
>>          conected to the internet, but sometimes I am not. There is a
>>          way to download the tags of Drools and configure the
>>          applicationContext.xml to seek for them localy?
>>
>>          Regards,
>>          Anderson

>>      --
>>       - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
>>       - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.wordpress.com
>>       - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar
>>
>>       - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

Re: Drools + Spring without internet

ge0ffrey
Administrator
Corneil, that's an imperfect solution because that your IDE won't find
the xsd's automatically and give you code completion.

The perfect solution IIRC is:
- use the full http...xsd reference in your xmls (just like you do for
other spring schema's)
- write a patch for drools-spring so it has a properties file to tell
spring which http...xsd maps to which xsd resource on the classpath

Op 01-12-10 16:21, Corneil du Plessis schreef:

> change schema location to that is only contains filenames like

>          xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>          xmlns:drools="http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring"
>          xmlns:camel="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
>          xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans spring-beans-2.5.xsd
> http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring drools-spring-1.0.0.xsd
> http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring camel-spring.xsd">
>
> Then put the xsd files in same folder as applicationContext.xml
>

> On 01/12/2010 17:15, Geoffrey De Smet wrote:
>> IIRC, there's something in drools-spring we can do, so the xsd's don't
>> have to be downloaded from the internet but can be used directly from
>> the jar.
>> It might be a properties file or something in the jar, which says urlX =
>> pathYinTheJar.
>>
>> Op 01-12-10 15:59, Anderson Rocha schreef:
>>> Thank you for your replay.
>>>
>>> I downloaded the schemas and configured the applicationContext.xml
>>> like this, consider "path to my" the path to the file.
>>>
>>> <beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
>>>          xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>>          xmlns:drools="http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring"
>>>          xmlns:camel="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
>>>          xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
>>> http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
>>> *http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring
>>> file:///path/to/my/drools-spring-1.0.0.xsd*
>>> *http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring
>>> file:///path/to/my/camel-spring.xsd"*>
>>>
>>> I have a web application, and when I execute it works =) but I have
>>> some unit tests and I initialize the spring with the code
>>>
>>> ApplicationContext applicationContext = new
>>> ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(new String[] {"applicationContext.xml"});
>>>
>>> In this case I get the same error I had before. Any ideia?
>>>
>>> Anderson
>>>
>>> 2010/12/1 Mauricio Salatino<[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>>
>>>       yes you can download the schemas to your hard drive and point the
>>>       applicationContext.xml to them.
>>>

>>>       2010/12/1 Anderson Rocha<[hidden email]
>>>       <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>>
>>>           Hi all,
>>>
>>>           I realized that to use Drools with Spring I need to be
>>>           conected to the internet, but sometimes I am not. There is a
>>>           way to download the tags of Drools and configure the
>>>           applicationContext.xml to seek for them localy?
>>>
>>>           Regards,
>>>           Anderson

>>>       --
>>>        - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
>>>        - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.wordpress.com
>>>        - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar
>>>
>>>        - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: Drools + Spring without internet

ge0ffrey
Administrator
The key is probably in this file:

drools/drools-container/drools-spring/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring.schemas

Op 01-12-10 17:45, Geoffrey De Smet schreef:

> Corneil, that's an imperfect solution because that your IDE won't find
> the xsd's automatically and give you code completion.
>
> The perfect solution IIRC is:
> - use the full http...xsd reference in your xmls (just like you do for
> other spring schema's)
> - write a patch for drools-spring so it has a properties file to tell
> spring which http...xsd maps to which xsd resource on the classpath
>
> Op 01-12-10 16:21, Corneil du Plessis schreef:
>> change schema location to that is only contains filenames like

>>           xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>           xmlns:drools="http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring"
>>           xmlns:camel="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
>>           xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans spring-beans-2.5.xsd
>> http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring drools-spring-1.0.0.xsd
>> http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring camel-spring.xsd">
>>
>> Then put the xsd files in same folder as applicationContext.xml
>>

>> On 01/12/2010 17:15, Geoffrey De Smet wrote:
>>> IIRC, there's something in drools-spring we can do, so the xsd's don't
>>> have to be downloaded from the internet but can be used directly from
>>> the jar.
>>> It might be a properties file or something in the jar, which says urlX =
>>> pathYinTheJar.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: Drools + Spring without internet

Anderson Neves
Thank you all. I will try some of these solutions later, and post the results.

2010/12/1, Geoffrey De Smet <[hidden email]>:

> The key is probably in this file:
>
> drools/drools-container/drools-spring/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring.schemas
>
> Op 01-12-10 17:45, Geoffrey De Smet schreef:
>> Corneil, that's an imperfect solution because that your IDE won't find
>> the xsd's automatically and give you code completion.
>>
>> The perfect solution IIRC is:
>> - use the full http...xsd reference in your xmls (just like you do for
>> other spring schema's)
>> - write a patch for drools-spring so it has a properties file to tell
>> spring which http...xsd maps to which xsd resource on the classpath
>>
>> Op 01-12-10 16:21, Corneil du Plessis schreef:
>>> change schema location to that is only contains filenames like
>>>
>>> <beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
>>>           xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>>           xmlns:drools="http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring"
>>>           xmlns:camel="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
>>>           xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
>>> spring-beans-2.5.xsd
>>> http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring drools-spring-1.0.0.xsd
>>> http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring camel-spring.xsd">
>>>
>>> Then put the xsd files in same folder as applicationContext.xml

> With kind regards,
> Geoffrey De Smet

Enviado do meu celular

Re: Drools + Spring without internet

Anderson Neves
Hi all

To execute the web application I configured like I said

http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring file:///path/to/my/drools-spring-1.0.0.xsd
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring file:///path/to/my/camel-spring.xsd

To execute the unit tests I configured other applicationContext.xml like Corneil said

http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring drools-spring-1.0.0.xsd
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring camel-spring.xsd

I already had two applicatoinConext.xml files, because in my web application some other beans are created, so this was not a problem. Like Geoffrey said this is not the best solution, but I have not found other solution. I know the "drools.rulebase.conf" to configure work items, but I have not found documentation about this file to configure the spring like you suggested.

Thanks again,
Anderson

Enviado do meu celular